Monday, February 7, 2011

The Purest of Human Pleasures

Francis Bacon said, "God planted a Garden; and indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures.  It is the greatest refreshment to the spirits of man."  I know that Francis Bacon was a gardener!!  Truly the spirit is refreshed by the digging of dirt, the sowing of a seed and the sprout of a plant.  It is interesting to me that the "work" of the first couple on Earth was to tend a garden.  That encourages me as I anticipate the warming of the soil and the lengthening of the days.  What will emerge first this Spring? 

Adam and Eve were not able to fulfill their duty in the most perfect and beautiful Garden because they took their eys off of the Master Gardener and looked at themselves.  Their need to know it all was their downfall.  My heart's desire is to keep my eyes on Jesus and fulfill the work He has for me on this Earth.  Come quickly Spring!!  I am giddy with anticipation of what it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment